The rumor is true. Last weekend Ryan and I went to Pasco for Thanksgiving and everyone wanted to go snowboarding. So Saturday we went to Bluewood ski resort. It was such a fun day until the last hour of boarding. I was at the end of the run and I caught my toe edge, flew forward, and tried to catch myself with my palm when my arm popped. I just layed there in the snow hoping someone would help me. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who walked up the hill to help me. I didn't think I broke it because it didn't hurt too bad, unless someone moved it. Then I might punch them... other than that I was okay. So we drove to the hospital for x-rays and I was diagnosed with a fracture on my forearm close by my elbow. I have an appointment on Thursday and I might have more x-rays and get a cast, but for now I am in a splint. I pretty much can't do anything with my arm so I have been hanging out with my mom who has been helping me out A TON! I am hoping to heal enough soon to be able to at least use my fingers. For now it is just a new adventure...
PS. In the picture above I am smiling because it is my first time breaking anything so it was kind of exciting... its not very exciting anymore. haha
4 comments:
Good luck and hope you heal fast Katie! I'm glad your mom's close by.
I wanna tickle your armpit and see what you do? would you want to punch me if I did that?
I probably would punch you. The other day i was getting a glass out of the cupboard and i dropped it, so my first reaction was to grab for it. Big mistake! Just flexing my arm hurt SO BAD!!! I know you would never do that to me though reags! ;)
I would feel bad, but then...your dad was involved in breaking my arm 15 years or so ago. So...
Jokes. I have no idea how you are taking care of that cute little Aubs. Get well soon!
Post a Comment