On Sunday night, Katie Mae invited us all over to her way too cute house for some games. The Kissinger children were loud, rough, and rowdy, totally relieving the fear that school had knocked their square pegs too firmly into round holes. It is so fun being together as grown-ups, with out the grown-ups there to supervise!
Aubrey was the sweetest hostess in the world. First, she set us all up with napkins. Next, she came around with one cookie for each. If you declined a cookie, she was severely disappointed and her mouth twisted for a moment in a socially-appropriate mild way, and then quickly went back to a smile for the next cookie offering. Round two of cookies came around. Last, popcorn was taken around, which Ashley ended up keeping in the bowl on her lap, and Aubrey removed after she felt Ashley had had enough. Aubrey is seriously ready to hire out.
I apologize to Alexa for August's body odor. She is 8 and doesn't care enough to self manage the issue. And she loves older girls too much to not climb all over them, poor monkey. We dipped her in lye as soon as we got home.
The girl cousins are all so beautiful now. I wish this camaraderie for ever with our beloved Leland cousins!
Aubrey was the sweetest hostess in the world. First, she set us all up with napkins. Next, she came around with one cookie for each. If you declined a cookie, she was severely disappointed and her mouth twisted for a moment in a socially-appropriate mild way, and then quickly went back to a smile for the next cookie offering. Round two of cookies came around. Last, popcorn was taken around, which Ashley ended up keeping in the bowl on her lap, and Aubrey removed after she felt Ashley had had enough. Aubrey is seriously ready to hire out.
I apologize to Alexa for August's body odor. She is 8 and doesn't care enough to self manage the issue. And she loves older girls too much to not climb all over them, poor monkey. We dipped her in lye as soon as we got home.
The girl cousins are all so beautiful now. I wish this camaraderie for ever with our beloved Leland cousins!


3 comments:
Yeah! We loved having everyone over! We need to do it again!
I really loved this update. Also I suggest that every cousin is required to post an update on what is going on their lives currently. It would be so wonderful to be able to know what everyone is up to! Do I have anyone to second this idea?
I second! Bryan, you start. I haven't even seen any belly pictures!
Post a Comment