Friday, February 13, 2009

Grandma Update


Hey Cousins! So I am sure you have all heard that grandma broke her hip. She is scheduled for surgery tomorrow at 8 am. We went to see her tonight and she is on a lot of Morphine, so it was easy to take picture of her. She was so happy! Right before I left a nurse came in and told me that there are a lot of really good doctors looking after her to make sure she will make it through the surgery alright. Just a reminder to keep grandma in your prayers as I am sure you are already doing. She loves her grandchildren SO MUCH! If you have any questions about what is going on let me know. I can't help it, but I always want to know everything.


Here is a sweet picture of Grandma and Aubrey fast asleep. They slept there like that for a good half hour. It was really sweet!

Then Jason decided to wake grandma up with a good ole' game of arm wrestling. Grandma obviously still has her strength. She is beating Jason with one hand, while holding a sleeping baby with the other. Way to go Grandma! Anyway, love you all!!

1 comment:

Jourdan said...

ohhh. Thank you, thank you, Katie! After all, without grandma, this blog would be nothing (and so would we)!


We LOVE YOU GRAMS! We pray for a safe and healthy recovery!

Just a thought for all of leslie and lauren's daughters: Did you know that half of who we are resided in Grandma's womb when she carried our mother? This connection is significant to me, making the bonds of motherhood far more than just 2 generations deep! We are all connected, isn't it wonderful!?