Okay guys! I really want to do this book club thing! I am obsessed with reading, and I am in desperate need of a good book! So lets do this! Any ideas?
Yay! I just finished Les miserables and am reading The Screwtape Letters right now...but that is way too long for book club material and the latter is too serious. How about Tess of the D'urbervilles or I'm reading Prince and the Pauper too.... Great Expectations is also on my "very soon" list.
Any other suggestions? I need something light and funny really bad.Those are always so hard to come by for me!
But first, what should our book club be named...someone's gotta have something clever out there.
The ones off the top of my head are lame: Leland Leftovers, Cackling Cousins, Spine Spinsters, or of course Kindred Spirits.
Here are some ideas I found online that I liked for a name: Bookends, Boisterous Banter Book Club, Better Than Therapy Book Club, Soul Sistas, Peppy Ladies, and Joyful Page Turners. haha!
Have you heard anything about "The Help" They have a movie coming out and I have heard a lot of people LOVE it.
I am going to go to the Library and see if I can find "Tess of the D'urbervilles"!! That looks good!
2 comments:
Yay! I just finished Les miserables and am reading The Screwtape Letters right now...but that is way too long for book club material and the latter is too serious. How about Tess of the D'urbervilles or I'm reading Prince and the Pauper too.... Great Expectations is also on my "very soon" list.
Any other suggestions? I need something light and funny really bad.Those are always so hard to come by for me!
But first, what should our book club be named...someone's gotta have something clever out there.
The ones off the top of my head are lame: Leland Leftovers, Cackling Cousins, Spine Spinsters, or of course Kindred Spirits.
See? Dumb. Help a cuz out would ya?
Here are some ideas I found online that I liked for a name: Bookends, Boisterous Banter Book Club, Better Than Therapy Book Club, Soul Sistas, Peppy Ladies, and Joyful Page Turners. haha!
Have you heard anything about "The Help" They have a movie coming out and I have heard a lot of people LOVE it.
I am going to go to the Library and see if I can find "Tess of the D'urbervilles"!! That looks good!
Post a Comment