Friday, May 25, 2012

Families are forever!

My roses in the front yard are blooming . What better way to enjoy them than putting them on grandma and pa Leland's grave. Love you guys and hope u have an awesome memorial day!!

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

We just went there today, but couldn't find the grave site, so we walked around reading the stones. I miss Grandma so much. I think it will only get more nostalgic as time passes. Thanks for putting flowers on Katie Mae.

Kelsey said...

Wait a second! Weren't we all discussing how quirky Grandma was for fudging her birthdate for DECADES just because she didn't want to admit that she was really older than Grandpa? On the gravestone, it shows that grandpa is older. So what is the real truth--Who can uncover Grandma and Grandpa's TRUE birthdays?

Jourdan said...

Ha! That is hilarious!! Grandma was born in 1928! She is about three months older than grandpa...but at the time his gravestone was made (in 1998) she had 1929 put on it! her spunk will never die!

And what the heck!? Grandpa served in WWII!? Was he ever in action...does anyone know where? I tell ya, the things I don't know about my own grandparents!

Katie Mae said...

So to answer ur questions, grandma is older than grandpa but it was her wishes to put that she was younger on her birthstone. Which is funny because she might screw up some family history work for some people but what is more important... Right?? Ha ha!! As for grandpa, he enlisted in the marines during active duty but never saw any action. The marines helpe pay for his bachelors degree and then great grandpa Leland payed for his masters degree which grandpa later payed all back to him. There is a ledger of all their money transactions. Pretty cool huh? Hope that clears up what u guys were wondering. We have such a quirky grandma! Worrying about her age even after she is gone! Gotta love her!!

Katie Mae said...

Also, their grave stone is AA699. There is a locator in the main building that can help u find them as well. I can totally understand not finding it though!! Everything looks the same there!! I always go with my parents. I havent attempted it on my own yet...