Saturday, December 6, 2008

Bazaar Schmazaar


Somehow, I committed myself to joining a friend at her booth in our LaCenter Christmas Bazaar in the high school gym. She had a bunch of aprons and her sister's Montana-style beaded jewelery. I made all these barrettes. The clips have round shells with diamond circles on them. The bows are soft real velvet, with nice clips under them. I was picturing all the little girls in their Christmas dresses and velvet bows in their hair. And the bobbies look so so cute put into the ponytail rubber bands. Unfortunately, I should have realized that I needed to have chintzy oven mitts and wooden hand-made signs painted with sayings such as Our family may not have it all together, but together we have it all! in order to make a buck. Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to pretend that you don't care very much that a person buys your thing while they're standing 2 feet away from you fingering it and then walking on? All in all, I made -$35.00. Or -$7 per bazaar hour (I took the last half of the shift). At least Augs is set for hair stuff for a while, and I have the great experience of knowing I never have to do anything like that again. Plus, I actually get to watch a movie tonight while...watching the movie.

2 comments:

Jourdan said...

Kels, those are so cute. I'll sell them on esty for you... I already have an account!

Wish I could've sat there with you!

Reags said...

Kelsey i totally love those but more i love your post. I am super sorry but i love you confessing that uncomfortable feeling of selling. I don't know how guys do it and continually get shot down. Those really are adorable.