It's our primary party, but we want it to be special and not just half-hearted because it's kids and not adults. All of us in the prim.pres. are carting in 80% of our Christmas decor including vases, wreathes, trees, lights, bowls, nutcrackers... We're setting 10 round tables with holly centerpieces all around a big Christmas tree. The kids are bringing a special toy from home which will be donated to a shelter. Then have hot cocoa and marshmallows, cutie tangerines, and bagel pizzas. Then we'll split up into groups of 15 and each will make "cookies in a jar" for someone special that they want to give it to and then a card making room for the missionaries. Then we'll all come back to the table/tree room to sing carols and a closing prayer. As they go they'll each get a candy cane with a message about giving/loving/serving others as a gift to Jesus Christ on His birthday.Currently I'm collecting 80 canning jars, and round midnight I'll be painting and glittering the lids. I'll post pics tomorrow, but I'm hoping that the merry idealistic picture in my head really happens! Now we're off to have FHE at the church building, setting up tonight so we don't have to stress about that part tomorrow. Xo to all my cousins and sisters!
P.S. Isn't someone just dying to make a bunch of homemade peppermint marshmallows, with an accompanying bag of homemade hot chocolate mix and hand them out as presents to friends? Maybe because I know I would love to sample one.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh Kels you are amazing! I want to be like you when I am older...
HA! It's all a facade.
But really, I just got back from setting up and it is so pretty. Transformed from a gym to a child's Christmas banquet room. The only problem is I already know my camera won't do it justice. I'm just so lucky I was setting up with someone who cared just as much as I did whether the wreath was on center or which side of the stairs were the best suited for a lighted entrance. That would drive most people crazy! Anyway. To bed now. But thanks for caring. xo
Post a Comment