Monday, July 2, 2012

While the husband is away..

Jason went camping this past weekend to the Uintah's (somewhere east of Salt Lake...in the mountains) with Jess and their friend James Cotner. So he left me home in our apartment with a work schedule but still some free time on my hands...I found myself at the D.I. in Provo after I dropped him off at his friends with a sudden burst of creative juices. I went down different isles picking up different things to decorate my kitchen with, the nic nacs just needed a little paint or cleaning up. This is a project I've been putting off because I thought it would cost too much and I just had no ideas. We have this space above our kitchen cabinets that is kind of shelf like before it continues up to the loft/upstairs of our home. It was very white and it was time to fill it with cute decor. Below are pictures of what I found and what I did with it! I'm pretty proud of myself because I am not crafty at all but maybe I found my outlet. Especially since I recieved my long awaited social work job last week!!!! I may need an outlet to have time to myself and debrief.. I start on the 9th at an agency in Provo called Community Action helping homeless people find resources and food. And btw this whole weekend cost $49..including flowers. Next time I'll already have pots and paints so no need there anymore.


 THE BEFORE.

 Chalkboard after; above picture is the same chalkboard just a little kid used.
 Found with scratches on front, painted, and now looks new!
 The loot before assembled..
 I also picked up some flowers because our stoop needed some cheer..
 AFTER! ..Im adding some books we had at our wedding reception as center pieces when my mom brings them this week for her visit!

Last little project was this cork board I picked up at a garage sale on my way to work Saturday and made it our memory board of NYC! Now we'll never forget! And so easy!

3 comments:

Taylor said...

Awesome Miss, sounds like you had fun! and congratulations on your job!! I'm very excited for you :D

Kelsey said...

Yes, I love seeing your work! Thanks for posting!

Brownbellies said...

Nice work!