Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Summer Dahlias



Hey Cuzes! I'm enjoying all the sugar-free talk, especially while I down my mango sorbet or eat an entire toffee bar. I'll be suffering with you soon when my round, tight belly leaves nothing but the gathered fudge-yness behind. I just wanted you to see the gorgeous dahlias Augs and I got to pick yesterday from the dahlia farm near here. We clipped 3 dozen regular ones and 5 dinnerplate dahlias, picked up a bunch of thrift-store vases, and spent this morning delivering 11 vases to friends who I owed a thank-you to or who were down and out or just had a baby or something. I can't post them on my blog for fear that they will say "hey! she gave me the floppy yellow dahlias but so-and-so got the cool vase with the fiery dinnerplate dahlia" (because I did save the dinnerplate dahlias for my favorite friends). Too bad my camera is so awful. The colors of the flowers are so delicate and varied. Anyway, happy fall to each of you! xo~Kels

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jourdan said...

once again. My sister leaves me in the dust of selfless service and charity while I worry about my own jelly rolls.


Nice job Kels and Augsie! They are GORGEOUS and I wished I could've joined you!

Kelsey said...

Whatever! This will likely be my one and only contribution to others for the year. But I wish we all could have been out there together with large-brimmed sun hats and clippers.