I did a lot today! Sometimes I like to see it laid out to make sure I actually did something because I have very little to show for the day. Is it o.k. if I post it here?
4:45~wake up, run
7:00~get kids up, dressed, breakfasts, lunches made
8:00~head out the door (minus Augs who is waiting with Rust for her ride to preschool)
8:30-11:30~work in both boys' classrooms (kindergarten is the most awesome place to help at!)
11:30~fill up on gas, get some birthday chocolate for one of my VT girls
11:45, 12:30, 1:30, 2:30~4 VT appointments, 11:45 with my running buddy, the 12:30 being a fantastic 1-hour visit with an inactive mom who hasn't let us visit in her home in the whole last year, 1:30 with the exhausted Bishop's wife who is currently up every 2 hours at night with her 5-month old and day-time soloing with the other three kids, and a 2:30 parking lot birthday car-visit with a now-38-year old mother of an 18-year old.
2:55~pick up a couple of happy boys from school
3:00~parking-lot plan the Feb. It's Great to Be Eight fireside with primary 1st counselor
3:30~can at a ward member's house--the big #10 metal cannery cans. things I canned to have on hand for the kingdom come: tampons (you heard it right, I canned tampons), lentils, steel-cut oats (twice the protein per serving than regular rolled oats, did you know?), 15-bean soup mix, pasta shells, rotini, penne, popcorn, hard candy, tootsie rolls, and cinnamon bears. mmm nothing like riding out an end-of-the-world earthquake with a can of cinnamon bears.
5:00~head home with two hungry, whining boys. realize I haven't had lunch and have had a few cinnamon bears which equals a piercing headache.
5:30~walk in the door with arms full of canning supplies. start warming up last night's leftovers. see Augs' face (and new shirt) painted from the day's playdate with her best friend. see Augs throw a fit, run into the front room and rub tear-stained multicolored face all over my beige couch and chair. hear kids complain that they don't like dinner and didn't get the right color/size/shape of cup/bowl/fork. feel my blood sugar drop. after a few sharp comments and jamming a few ravioli's down my gullet, tell Rusty I'd better seclude myself for a bit before I lose it. lock bedroom door, take out contacts, put on sweats, crawl under covers, and accidentally fall asleep for 2 hours, missing FHE and the kids being put to bed by Rusty.
7:45~wake up starving. house quiet. eat. blog.
...that takes me to present.
2 comments:
Wow Kels. I always knew you were Wonderwoman.
And I was feeling dang good that I got out of my robe by 4pm and loaded the dishwasher...I have yet to turn it on.
O.k., so totally not trying to be wonderwoman. I think you are no less busy, with even less to detail because how many times can you write "picked up after, redirected, gave a 5th snack to..." Same with Katie who is taking care of her newborn, and the girls who's days are full with school. We are all busy in the right way! (I guess this is just a preview of the stage when your kids are all jr primary age.)
Post a Comment