Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Rumors are Now Being Confirmed . . .





I am official engaged. Yes yes, i am as shocked as you are. I didn't really have a clue until he asked my dad and my dad spoiled it. That is when i realized, wow someday i will have some dudes babies. Alright that was not the first thought that went through my head but really i had some interesting thoughts that threw me for a loop. So after my dad have given his approval and given away the surprise they both came upstairs and we (along with Leigh) all joined in a big game of Yahtzee. Now i had no idea that he was planning on asking me that night and i am not sure at the point that Sam knew I knew (you know what i am saying?) So Sam and i decided we wanted to go swimming after we left my house, back on the way to provo. Basically that was our only plans for the night so really there was no way he could have planned on asking me that night. After we had finished our swim we had some unexpected events for the night and didnt really end up hanging out again until later that night. I headed back to my apartment and showered. When Sam and I finally got back together he told me he wanted to go out for dessert since i wasnt really hungry. When we got to this cute little italian resturant the waiter took us to our only little room and our drinks were already poured, that made me suspicious . . . During the dessert eating part i was being o so cautious-sure the ring was going to be in my slice of cheesecake. Realizing i was being slightly ridiculous i tried to keep my focus on my date. After dessert Sam turned to me and said "Reagan the real reason i brought you here was to play you the song i wrote you on the guitar." Idiot me didn't realize his guitar had been sitting by us the whole time. As he began playing we both were getting pretty shaky and at the end of the song he asked me to marry him. I said, " OF COURSE!!" So i guess we are getting married. He picked out the ring himself and it is so perfect for me and so beautiful!! Wow being engaged is the best.com. Here is me and my boy and also Bryan (she is a big part of our relationship.)

7 comments:

Jourdan said...

Seriously. Still. Shocked. And. So. Freaking. Excited. For. The. Wedding!

Jourdan said...

PS. He is quite the handsome dude. But don't tell him I said so, or it could get awkward when we hang out...BECAUSE NELSONS???!!! WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!

Can I come hang out at your cool house?

Jourdan said...

Oh yeah. I think this blog might have to turn into your Wedding Planner.

Reags said...

O wow Jourdan that is a sweet idea. I totally need ideas, i am thinking maybe a beautiful white tent for my place.

Jourdan said...

Hey! I was thinking about that too! You mean like a HUGE outside cover for an April (touchy weather) reception. I think you are totally free flowing, so no matter the weather, it would be a BLAST. It'd all be covered with TONS of white christmas lights hanging inside and plenty of room for dancing... Hundreds of balloons, maybe even to let off when you guys leave (I've always wanted to do the rice thing too!). Lots of candles and fresh spring bulb-flowers everywhere....

Do you want lots of color or very simple and light? I could see doing this all for very inexpensive, as long as we could nail down that big out-door tent. Who to call?

Kelsey said...

Yes! No pressure, but if you want to, plan your stuff here! It'd be like your very own private wedding feedback group. Plus you could give us assignments to call people or look things up...

And I am coming down no matter what! xo Reags!

Kelsey said...

Oh. And I'm starting to look now for the wildest 80's formal. It's a tradition now right?