Reagan I'm not sure what you had envisioned, but if you want to do go for outdoor market, here are some pics to gather ideas. One thing about them, there are tons of same-style containers. So you might want to start gathering baskets, wooden boxes (free from the grocery store?), tin buckets, etc. Just choose one type so they're all the same. Also, you're not selling stuff, so of course the table won't be full to the brim like here, but you could have a few things stacked/collected like a market, only with things from the reception. Like one could be stacked with framed or hanging photos of you and betrothed man. Flowers could be stacked back in columns rather than traditional vases in the middle of a table. Candles/Lanterns could hang or be stacked back in a row too. Also, I really think your cheapest item to tie everything in and make it feel wildish would be the wheat grass. You could tie everything together with that because you can grow it an any shape/container, and as much as you want of it.
Your food could be served market-style too, in similar containers, all laid out like the outdoor markets. Speaking of: I had the BEST wild rice dish this week, and I thought of your wedding. The ingredients were (
I saved the ingredients label):
Wild rice blend, black beans, all chopped fresh and small {mushroom, tricolored bell peppers, red onion, cauliflower}, artichoke (small chopped too). It tasted like a bit of marinade or dressing had been tossed with it. Maybe it was the juice from the artichokes, but it was good, and you could totally make it a day ahead.
Last thought: have you considered asking a local farm or orchard if you could have it there?










No comments:
Post a Comment