We also have Po-boys which are basically like sub sandwiches but they use a special kind of bread, kind of like french, that's really soft (depending on where you get them) and they feel them with anything, Shrimp, Craw-fish (crawdads), Chicken or your regular ham turkey roast beef.
The shrimp has to be battered and deep fried.
Craw-fish season is a big deal. It's in the spring and people eat these little suckers by the bucket full. They boil them in giant pots and some kind of spicy sauce. They bring them to as is on a giant plate and then you go to town. You break off the head and then suck the meat out of the tail. Its really gross to watch people eat these. I tried it and its way to much work for such a small amount of meat and not that tasty.
We also have a lot of Shrimp and Oysters.
Clockwise on the plate, Jambalya, Red Beans and Rice, Craw-Fish Etuofee and Gumbo. I love all of these.
You also have to try the gator
Its basically like chicken but the meat we had was dark gray meat because it was from the Tail(the more blood flow the darker the meat). It was to hot when d tried it.

2 comments:
Oh I saw this and it sealed the deal on me visited you guys. Good one EM!
I am loving these posts!
Post a Comment