Thursday, December 8, 2011

The weather outside...

So I'm just going to let you all know that New Orleans does get cold! I've been freezing, but sadly it's only in the 40's. David and I keep trying to tell ourselves that the humidity makes it feel colder, I think to some extent it does but only a few degrees not as much as we think. We acclimatized way to fast!

Our summers down here are miserable!! I'm not lying at all they really are the worst. The temp will be about 90 which is doable, totally doable but then you add the humidity and it jumps up to 100 which is not doable because you sweat like no other. I would walk out of a nice air conditioned building and by the time I had both kids in the car I'd be dripping. You also sweat in places you didn't think possible. Mine is my upper lip my friends eyebrows sweat. If you've ever been in a sweat lode it's just like that all summer long. People don't have sprinklers here and yet all summer the grass stays green. That's how much moister is in the air.

Basically what I'm getting at is in 5 days I'm going to FREEZE! Bryan informed me that the low for Utah the other day was 9 degrees, 9!! I can't even imagine. I doubt I'll be able to step foot outside without multiple layers, so don't judge me I'm going for warmth not fashion. Also none of my clothes fit right now, I'm in the between stage where my regular clothes are just getting uncomfortably to tight and my maternity are still a little to big.

2 comments:

Reags said...

I LOVE EMILY!!

Kelsey said...

Me too! This is way too fun getting to hear uninterrupted Emily.