Dearest Beautiful Cousins,
Can we record some of our Grandma moments and memories here? I would love to have a place for them that we all could share. Post them at will whenever, regardless of time or blogger week.
Katie had a beautiful idea. She wanted to take pictures of the nooks, crannies and beloved spots at Grandmas and maybe put together a photo book. I, for one would be so willing to buy one for myself, so I could write myself notes about stories or different spaces that have personal meaning, and share it with my kids. Does anyone have any requested spots to photograph?
Bryan also had a smart idea. She thought someone or a group of someones should go through all the books, drawers, and other spaces, gather photographs, and scan them to a CD for everyone. I for one would be so loving that as well, though it would require some delicate coordination.
I love you all. Thank you Grandma for giving us each other!
Always love, Kelsey Louise
5 comments:
Me and my siblings have all received a call from Cale today (I know right?) and he asked us all to basically write a letter to grandma and fill the letter with memories of her that we enjoy and things about her that we love and such. THen we are goign to give it to my mom. So I will make sure to share that with you all and would invite you all to do the same.
I don't own a single picture of Grandpa myself...but at this time I don't know how likely it would be to get into grandma's house and explore. That might cause a bit of a ... well. I guess I wouldn't know, but I just assume. BUT I am in the middle of collecting all my own pictures (mostly of the last decade) of her and would gladly contribute them. How do we get at least the really important ones scanned in?? (wedding, senior pics, family pics, etc.) I already have a few posts in the works, but who knows what will actually materialize out of them. Memories take a while to conjure up and put together properly, no? Would love anyone else stories/pictures/input as well.
oh and p.s. I am picking up Taylor on Wednesday night and driving to Boise then on to OR on Thursday with my kids. Hope to see a few of you there...wish we could reenact our Grandma Club Mtg ....
Memory: We had just moved up from AZ and while Mom & Dad were back in AZ selling the house, my sibs and I finished up the last two months of school in Oregon. I was in 5th grade and homesick so bad. She kept doing things for me, like getting me a journal or some new clothes, and I tried to be happy about it but I would still end up sad. Everyday after school, I went down to her basement, brought up a jar of canned peaches and ate the whole jar. She was really happy I loved them so much. But one day I yelled "I hate it here! I just want to go back!" and she gave me such a scolding! She said "This is my home too! Don't you say bad things about it!" which shocked me and frankly, jolted me right out of my pity party. Then she told me how after she moved up here from California, she was sick to her stomach for the longest time, missing her old home. It was news to me that being so homesick was a normal feeling, and I think it got a little better after that. I love the Pacific Northwest to the deepest part of my bones and that was a gift originally given to me from Grandma as she spent time taking me to the Rose Garden, the beach, berry picking, and wanting us to stay as long as we needed in her home and land.
Memory: I think when we were living with Grandma, somewhere between my 5th grade and 6th grade she had a paper route. I thought it was exciting that she woke up early and got back before anyone was up, so I wanted to go with her. I begged her to get me up and she agreed to take me along. We left in the darkness and drove to a trailer court and she would slowly drive along as I ran the papers to each doorstep. Another part of the route seemed like a hotel to me because the hallways between the numbered doors were inside and each floor had a free hot chocolate cart! That was my favorite stop. I did it just for fun, but after she quit the route, she gave me the most beautiful pair of brown leather boots for helping her. I somewhat protested but was secretly glad when she gave me her "Don't you dare" routine and forced me to keep them.
Leigh, I think the story that we talked about when you were crying as we left your house for us to move to Grandmas is really funny. Is it okay if I tell it?
Post a Comment