Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolutions

I've never had the desire to write resolutions each new year but this year maybe because New Years Day fell on a Sunday it was just on my mind all day so I sat down with Jason and we put pen to paper. What are some of your guys' resolutions or goals for the new year? Can you pick out which resolutions Jason came up with?

1. Attend the temple together once a month
2. Learn to fish
3. Learn ASL
4. Missy get a full-time job
5. Save $50 each paycheck
6. Jason go to school full time
7. Go to New York
8. Read 3 pgs. of the Book of Mormon each day
9. Call or write grandparents once a month on Sunday
10. Do our visiting teaching and home teaching each month

On New Years Eve we spent it with Kenna and Jess and their friends in Salt Lake. Someone had the idea before we left their apartment to go downtown for the countdown to write our resolutions on a piece of paper and fold them into paper airplanes and fly them off the balcony. Only had two or three things on my airplane but I thought it was funny we were throwing our resolutions off the balcony when they are things I really want to do! Any resolution or goal takes time and management. When Jason and I wrote these above out I kept thinking which days or time we would set aside to complete the goal. I think that will help alot with attending the temple, visiting teaching, calls to grandparents, and reading the book of mormon. For example we will attend the temple the first Wednesday evening of every month! So tonight is the night! Happy 2012 everyone! (I will try to add some pictures to this later, my computer is having trouble this morning)

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Awesome Missy. My resolution is to get more sleep and to motivate by positive (not threats!).

Katie Mae said...

I haven't written any resolutions this year which is weird for me! I usually do! I need to sit down with Ryan and write some! I keep thinking about what I would want to accomplish in the new year... I don't even know! I want to be fit, but that seems so cliche. I will figure something out! I think Jason wrote the fishing one! Ha ha! Ryan will be excited to hear that u guys want to learn how to fish!! Great list!! I think included in the grandma call list should be our names too!! :)

Jourdan said...

Good ones miss! Among a few others, mine mostly includes simplifying my life. This includes decluttering my house, or at least slowly learning how and letting go of any and all expectations i've built up in the past in every area of my responsibilities without feeling like my life is less than mediocre. That dang balance thing again!!

Much of how I feel is based on Pres. Monson's article in the Jan. Ensign about living the abundant life! I plan on practicing those ABC's until i feel my life is full and abundant! I just want to be utterly happy with what I have/where I am and teach my kids the same principle.

Happy new year y'all!