Reagan Jenny,
you did a great job kicking us off, you Awesome Possum!
you did a great job kicking us off, you Awesome Possum!
I am so excited to be with you this week!
And since you asked, this is my...
v Favorite food:
o Tie between fresh blueberries & home-dried bananas & flan, but favorite flavor is coconut
v Favorite color:
o Golden (see this painting)
v Favorite season:
o Fall (see Brian's quote on her blog)
v What does your name mean:
o Kelsey means "from the ship’s island”, which always confused me until someone said that means a safe harbour. Now I quite like it. My mother named me after seeing Linda Kelsey on movie credits, but I'm still not quite sure who she is.
v Embarrassing memory or secret:
o I read celebrity blogs. I mostly like the fashion photos, but it’s embarrassing to me that I know the actor or scandal someone refers to when no one else in the conversation does. Get back to real life, Kelsey! As a consolation, Leigh does it too, and since she's pretty much perfect, it makes me feel less like a loser.
v Secretly wished for secret power:
o Mary Poppins’ self-cleaning song. Sometimes, when I'm super busy, I waggle my fingers at the laundry or dishes and spend a few seconds imagining them flying back to their proper places before I rush off to whatever is keeping me busy.
v Clever housekeeping/kidkeeping trick:
o Putting on a bra, getting my hair out of my face, and functional-person clothes on. I can not convince myself to clean in pajama mode.
o I clean mostly with 1:3 vinager/water spray (with added lavender oil for better smell) because I like the thought of us not ingesting poison, it cleans well, and it’s supah cheap. (Stronger stuff on the toilets though.)
o I clean mostly with 1:3 vinager/water spray (with added lavender oil for better smell) because I like the thought of us not ingesting poison, it cleans well, and it’s supah cheap. (Stronger stuff on the toilets though.)
v Most hated chore:
o Laundry because it never gets completely done, except that one time a year your laundry room is 100% spotless. Then two weeks later, it’s like you haven’t done it for months.
v Loved book or author:
o City Boy, Jane Eyre, Jane Austen natch
v Place & time in history you would visit if you could:
o Everytime I hear about the Nativity details, I wish so much I could be there in person from the beginning of the donkey journey through to the end of the stay in Bethlehem. Can you imagine!!??
v Pet peeve(s):
o Gathering, safely storing, and then remembering to return borrowed things
o Also, repeating myself more than 3 times in a row. I just won't do it. Nope.
v Type of music:
o Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday Jazz
v Most essential make-up piece:
o Yellow concealer
v Morning or night person:
o Both, but never on the same day! Give and take, you know.
v What do you most look forward to in the week:
o Hmm, the weekend when the school schedule doesn't dominate us, or naps. It's a tie. Actually, naps. Is that sad? I do like my life, however. Actually, I love a good morning run too.
v If someone gave you the day off, what would you do:
o Exercise outside, get cute, tidy up, go to a couple of shops unfit for children, bring a book and have lunch in a café, buy a new little something for the house and little something for my wardrobe, meet up with a friend for herb tea, home to take a nap, organize a couple of drawers to good music, order in and eat dinner at home in front of a BBC movie.
v Truthfully, how many pairs of shoes do you have:13
v Comment or memory regarding Grandma: I think of me and Leigh, 8 & 9 maybe, squished between Grandma and Grandpa in their old goldenrod truck with the camper on the back. We are driving to the coast. Leigh and I are making up horribly annoying songs and laughing our guts out. We can not understand why Grandma and Grandpa keep saying in a harassed voice “Oh, be quiet, Girls!!”, which makes us giggle in the worst way.
I love poetry. I listened to an interview with a poet recently who said that poetry tells the unspeakable. I think it's because it gives just enough to explain the empty spaces in between, which you are filling in with emotion and images. The other day, when I walked by and August had gathered up Lou and was reading to him in the soft chair of his bedroom in front of the window with the fall leaves, my heart swelled so full and I was sure the only thing that could express what that meant to me was a poem or a melody.
And so, I will be posting a poem of the day during my week here. It will be very hard for me to narrow things down, so there could possibly appear two on some days. To some, this may be torture and for that I am sorry.
I love poetry. I listened to an interview with a poet recently who said that poetry tells the unspeakable. I think it's because it gives just enough to explain the empty spaces in between, which you are filling in with emotion and images. The other day, when I walked by and August had gathered up Lou and was reading to him in the soft chair of his bedroom in front of the window with the fall leaves, my heart swelled so full and I was sure the only thing that could express what that meant to me was a poem or a melody.
And so, I will be posting a poem of the day during my week here. It will be very hard for me to narrow things down, so there could possibly appear two on some days. To some, this may be torture and for that I am sorry.
Xo,
Kelsey Louise

1 comment:
oooo I totally learned new things about you Kels! Great first post!
Post a Comment