Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sorry no post yesterday...

Hey Cousins,

So this blog is all about us being apart of each others lives right? WELL the biggest part of my life that I feel a lot of people don't know is Dylan. Even if you've spent time around him, he's a hard shell to crack. Want a little window opened up into that man? Well I'm going to give it to you anyway.
First of all can I say, he is wonderful? He is. Seriously.

I can't quite pin down how to let you get to know him through this, so I'll start by describing him.

Most people think he's shy and doesn't have much to say, but we all know that's hardly ever true. It's just a facade. Like my mom for example, does anyone ever remember when she never used to crack a joke? And now, whether it be old age or my dad finally getting to her, she has one of the best funny bones we know. Now, Dylan doesn't need to grow old or have my dad get to him, all he needs is the comfort of his own home/space to let him settle down and be him.

Dylan is the most patient person (of course you can probably already guess that to be married to me). His favorite things are kids, food, and sports. In my family he often goes by the nickname baby whisperer, because he's just that good. If you ever come over to our house while he's cooking, feel lucky, because you'll be blown away.

Dylan is such a good example to me of love. I remember our freshman year there was a boy living in the same building as him that was really weird, his name was Kevin. He didn't have any friends and it was really hard to connect or have a conversation with him. He went very unnoticed until he met Dylan. After a week of knowing Dylan Kevin deemed him his best friend forever. Dylan hung out with him and talked to him, not out of duty or service, but because he saw him for his strengths and loved him for what he was.

Are we getting anywhere?

Ah here we go, this is something.

This here shows Dylan in his element. Fake mustaches turn him into a different person all together sometimes, it's actually kind of creepy.
Dylan is a reader. He can read circles around me. It's not even just books, he reads EVERYTHING. Menus, newspapers, signs, really anything he can get his hands on, he's reading.

Has anyone ever seen this picture of Dylan. I mean really, just look at him. Idn't he great?

WELL i think he's cute.

I want so much for people, especially my family, to know him like I know him, that's part of his charm though. He is like a whole bunch of presents that you continually open and find more and more amazing things as you go on.

Anyway, love you girls!

5 comments:

Jourdan said...

I've spotted glimpses of all these strengths...he's not quite as good as hiding them as you may think B. But he is subtle and that is DEF a part of that charm. It's very endearing. But mostof all is his love for you. Not that it's all that impossible to imagine someone adoring you, but to see it is very awesome. To see a marriage blossom and grow so fully in our family, there is nothing quite as satisfying i think. It's really the only thing you need and all i hope for those I love.

Bryan said...

Thanks jo, that was really beautiful.

Kelsey said...

How lucky are your kids gonna be with those two worlds connecting to make one awesome BryDyl home!

Reags said...

O my gosh this post is so amazing. Bry you are a really good writer, seriously.

Brownbellies said...

I think it's good to have Dylan in the Brown family he helps create balance and allows those that want the attention to have it. I'm glad to learn more about my cruise "roommate". How awkward is it going to be when the two of us check in together??? I'll be huge prego and we don't even have the same last name what will people think? Not to mention he's 6 years younger than me.