I just got home from the Sunnyside Hospital where Grandma is at. The nurse said she sure has a lot of family. The big thing was that Grandma couldn't/wouldn't get out of bed and walk, but they won't let her go home until she is more mobile. I think we came about the time she'd decided to give it a try. The kids and I said we'd like to stroll her around in a wheel chair, and she accepted. The nurse said that we should put the wheel chair far away so that Grandma would have to walk to it. Grandma came out and then decided to just keep going, with August in her princess dancing clothes doing pirouettes and gracious bows in front of us all down the hall way. I was on standby, wheeling the two boys in the wheelchair, side-by-side with Grandma.
In the end, it was a great visit. The kids were a little scared of the tubes, but by the end they were kissing and hugging her. August wouldn't get off her bed, she kept showing how she could write "g"s and Beau continually flew his dart-like paper airplane into her.
Grandma seems like she's on the mend. She really wants to be back home, so hopefully she will be soon. She was very clear when I was there, and would probably love a phone call. Her number is 503-571-4694, room #349.
xo Cuzzez.
No comments:
Post a Comment