Every car ride is about the Broadway playlist these days. (And by the way, when I say Broadway, I broadly include movie musicals. There was some fantastic music coming out of Disney in the 90's.) Something about songs written, sung, and performed to illustrate a story is just so fabulous, even with out the visual. It's slightly possible I might get into an accident someday trying to sing, direct, and dance to this music while driving.
Some of our favorites, Daahhling. Stars* are especially awesome to me (not necessarily the kids):
The Candy Man, The Wondrous Boat Ride*, Golden Ticket, Cheer Up, Charlie, Pure Imagination;
Part of Your World, Under the Sea, Poor Unfortunate Souls*, Les Poissons;
Chim Chim Cher-ee, Step in Time, Feed the Birds;
Circle of Life*, Can't Wait to Be King, Hakuna-Matata;
Whistle Stop, Oo-de-lally*, Not in Nottingham*;
Bless Yore Beautiful Hide, Goin' Cotin', Barn Raising (Fight), Lonesome Polecat Lament*, Sobbin' Women, Kidnap and Chase;
I Wan'na Be Like You*, The Bare Necessities;
Colors of the Wind, Mine, Mine, Mine, Steady as the Beating Drum;
All for One, Find Your Grail;
America*, There's a Place for Us;
Food, Glorious Food, Consider Yourself, I'd Do Anything*;
Pink Elephants on Parade*, When I See an Elephant Fly;
Pink Elephants on Parade*, When I See an Elephant Fly;
Hair*; Sixteen Tons*;
Dig a Little Deeper*, Ma Belle Evangeline, Gonna Take You There;
Belle*, Gaston, Something There, Beauty and the Beast, Be Our Guest;
Hello Dolly, Just Leave Everything to Me, Put on Your Sunday Clothes*;
Portobello Road, Beautiful Briny, Substitutiary Locomotion;
Oh What a Beautiful Mornin'*, The Farmer and the Cowman, The Surrey with the Fringe on Top, Oklahoma*;
Singing in the Rain, Good Morning, Moses Supposes, Make 'Em Laugh;
Getting to Know You, Whistle a Happy Tune;
My Favorite Things, Edelweiss*, Do Re Mi;
Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me), Following the Leader, I Won't Grow Up*, I'm Flying;
If I Were a Rich Man*, Sunrise Sunset, Matchmaker;
Arabian Nights, One Jump Ahead, A Whole New World*, Friend Like Me, Prince Ali;
...Seriously, sometimes life is so awesome.
P.S. Have you tried legalsounds? You pay $25 or more to your account and then your purchases are deducted from the balance. But the songs are only 7 to 9 cents each, so I got all of these songs for like $6!

No comments:
Post a Comment