Monday, February 13, 2012

Q me. A you.

Hello Friends. It's Kelsey Louise again. 
And I'm taking Reagstah's lead with the A's for her Q's:

If you had to live outside of the USA for two years where would you live?
You will see...

If you had to eat one type of food (like, Italian, Chinese ect) for the rest of your life what would you chose?
Probably Mexican. Because that definitely takes up a good portion of our meal selection anyway, and we could definitely live off of cheese, beans, rice, tomatoes, cilantro, and tortillas.

If you had to wear one color for the rest of your life what would it be?
White/Linen. (And Navy.)



Favorite Animal?
Actually, I hate this question because I've never had  favorite animal. When my kids ask me this, I say "small birds" because I like having them around the yard and watching them from a porch chair in the warm weather, but I have no intensity on this subject. Except how much I hate animal poop where it should not be. (In the house.)

Favorite way to workout?
A 8-12 mile run that I can enjoy (meaning: semi-fit) with a running partner, just after dawn.


What would be your dream girls weekend?
Dream weekend would be a cottage in the early fall or early summer on the English countryside. But I definitely think a getaway would be necessary, and the Oregon Coast probably the most likely. I personally would push for renting horses to ride on the beach in our Regency getup. We would never ever forget that, and I think there would be a lot of laughter involved. I would nominate Reagan, Jourdan, and Heather in charge of the menu, and Leigh in charge of Tae-Bo time each day. I would be in charge of the nightly herb tea. Anyone else?

Favorite thing to make in the kitchen?
Weirdly, I love to make granola. It is so doable, healthy, scrumptious, good for every meal, you can keep ingredients on hand, and make a humongo batch to keep breakfast/snacks going all week. I don't do it very often though because I like it to be something special. Lately though, I feel to revolt. I am sick of cooking for ungrateful eaters, or when it is a total flop. (See blog.)

Favorite film and TV series?
I'm officially recording Downton Abby now. Also, I like OWN's Master Class, and BYUtv's Turning Point. That one's so inspirational, a good one to watch with the fam. Really, after Ted Turner's Master Class and a few Turning Points, I am seriously expanding my concept of what I might be able to do to make a difference in this world.

Favorite film (Wow, that's fancy. I usually say "movie".) is definitely Jane Eyre. And, yowz I like the new one just as much as duck lips's version. In each, the relationship is different between Mr. Rochester and Jane, but Mr.R is so haunted in the new one and desperately needs the goodness and calmness of Jane, and the scenes and music are so beautiful, it won me over. But the other olderish one, they have so much comraderie, fun, and spirit-to-spirit connection, plus they're both gorgeous, that of course I love that too. Tie.

Would you rather lose an arm or a leg?
I've pondered this dilemma this for years, not even joking. A leg. I couldn't do 90% of what I do each day without an arm, but I could do alright with a prosthetic leg. I've already planned to get a runner scoop-leg and allow myself exactly one month to mope in bed before dragging myself out by the shirt collar and finding whatever gumption I've got squashed down inside me and laying it all on the line to overcome my heinous trial! It would be my modern-day proof that I could have been a pioneer. Because I'm not really so sure I could have been.

Favorite city in the USA?
La Center, dontcha know! Seriously. It's gorgeous. Today I ran at dawn, the sun was breaking over the horizon and the mist was floating between the hills and you could see like seven or eight layers of mountain, hill and valley all the way back to the Cascade Range. Blueberries galore. Creeks everywhere. The coolest barns and pastures. I love it.

Have you ever been skinny dipping or chunky dunking?
Wow, if you have not been skinny dipping in the ocean you are missing out! I am adding this to our girls weekend. Excepting that Genevieve would be scarred for life, it would be unparalleled.

When would you guess we actually end up making the cousin reunion happen?
YO. This summer? Summer 2013?
 ...
Last time it was my week I posted poetry each day. I will not torture you again (this year) with that, so I will be posting an evening travel spot. I will include a video with each place, so after your house is quiet, you can make your self a cup of herb tea and have a quite 15 minute break in another part of the world.
Love you, Kelsey Louise

5 comments:

Reags said...

I am so excited for it! Sounds awesome.

Also I loved your blog post in a kind of sad way. I think you are a tremendous cook and I loved so many delicious things you have made.

Bryan said...

Agreed with Reagan. I almost whimpered a little when you talked about your cakes, because the ones you brought to Grandma's luncheon were glorious.

Jourdan said...

good ones.

Also, your cooking post also made me sad since you are the one who really has inspired my love for cooking/baking. I think having someone around to gush over your efforts (even when it turns out less than glorious) is the key. My kids will (or are forced to) eat a little of most my meals and sometimes they love it even if they complain at first most days, but Rod almost always compliments me. And if he doesn't, I compliment myself, because HEY! I just pulled out the ingredients 20 minutes ago and wouldyalookatwhatthat, there is dinner! (plus I only ever cook the things I feel like eating) I think most things I make/sew/cook/ turn out sub par but occasionally there is a real winner- that's the ticket! Also, the fact that your kids have always seen you cook and make fun things for them has got to be the most comforting memory (not exactly that they hated those dang veggies).

why are all my comments ridiculously long? i have problems

Bryan said...

good kinds of problems jo.

Kelsey said...

I love you guys. It means enough that you all are adventurous eaters and totally get where I'm cooking from. And it's o.k., I'll get over myself, it's just a bump in the road.