Please prepare the following items for the party:
1. On an 8 x 11 paper, make a list of your top three favorite things from 2011. Ideas include a favorite new book, website, product, place or even a new idea or experience--anything you came to know and love in 2011!
2. Bring 12 "gifts" that correspond to just one of your three favorite things on your above list. Be creative--it doesn't need to be expensive!
3. Please make your favorite new recipe from 2011 for everyone to sample. Please also bring 12 copies of the recipe.
Girls. This party was so fun! As a host, besides the clean house, it must have been so low-key because guests provide the entertainment (taking turns telling about our favorite things), food (there was 14 dishes almost evenly split between desserts, appetizers, and main dishes), and the party favors! It was fun to have the spotlight for a few minutes to talk about your likes and then listen in turn to everyone else. Also, we each came home with a stack of new recipes and cool things and ideas to try, including samples.
Here's what I shared.
Maybe this is not a new thing in Utah, but it's the first Favorite Things party I'd ever been to. It was awesome! The girl who threw it is new to the area, and she invited women, members and nonmembers, from ages 25-65, so it was a great way to get to know people. If you try it out, tell us how it goes!

5 comments:
Oh I've wanted to put one of these together for so long! What was the gift you brought? What kind of gifts did you get? This seriously sounds like so much fun!
THese posts are insanely good. Has your life/family/home fallen apart this week or have you just been on a fantastic roll?
Well, I have been spending my evening time after the kids go to bed on the travel posts--and yesterday I bribed Eli to watch Lou while I did the Greece one which is why there are no Greece facts! It has been fun, traveling each night because I'm such a night owl anyway, though I couldn't do it for more than a week because the hours are killing me. But the other posts I wrote through February and scheduled to post this week. Anytime I'd find something I wanted to write about, I'd snag a minute to jot it down, going back to fix things when I had a few minutes. Seriously, posting ahead is the way to go on a blogging week! I don't really feel free to post random like/dislike posts on my blog, so it's been fun in this trusted room of cousins.
Em, I gave the lemongrass pots but some people gave "mix-tape" CD's, their favorite bag of chips, lip balm, chocolates, homemade key rings, embossed olive oil bottles. 50% of the lists had Pinterest as one of their favorite 2011 things...
That seriously would be so fun! I want to do one. Maybe as a good bye party for all the women that move this spring(med and dental school).
Post a Comment